On May 11th, President Trump signed off on the long-awaited cybersecurity executive order, promoting IT modernization and Shared Services. White House Assistant to the President for Homeland Security stated that " part of the enterprise view of the government is moving to Shared Services." The EO emphasizes the "strong preference" in procurement for shared IT services, which include email, cloud, and cyber services. Shared Services will also be one of the primarily focuses of the newly created American Technology Council.
Robert Wuhrman, PMP, CISSP, Unified Shared Services Management, Office of Government-wide Policy, GSA briefed CompTIA on the very latest developments in Shared Services. As one of the leading influencers in the federal government on shared services, Wuhrman provided direct insight on how agencies plan to scale up their shared services efforts.
Wuhrman covered a number of topics including:
- The Federal Integrated Business Framework
- Standardizing federal agency email
- Cloud based software as a service to handle commodity workloads
- The TTS-FAS integration
- The Modernization and Mitigation Management website
- The Cloud Café Acquisition Playbook
- A software license marketplace for BlockChain
To learn more about this discussion, please contact David Logsdon