Once you’ve decided to get a CompTIA certification, your next question may be how to prepare for a CompTIA exam. Whether you prefer learning in a classroom or self-study, CompTIA live online training may be the right option for you. Studies show that you retain 50% of what you see and hear compared to just 10% of what you read. So, combining self-study with a class will bring you that much closer to IT certification success. Keep reading to learn more about CompTIA live online training, which gives you the best of both worlds.
What Is CompTIA Live Online Training?
CompTIA live online training brings the classroom experience to you. Log on each day for guided learning and hands-on training from CompTIA for CompTIA certifications. Get real-time support from an instructor from the comfort of your home. All CompTIA live online training bundles include CompTIA CertMaster products so you can reinforce what you learn in the classroom on your own time.
How Does CompTIA Live Online Training Work?
CompTIA’s live online training platform allows for two-way communication so you can ask questions, participate in discussions and get clarification just like you would in a traditional in-person class. Log into your class daily to engage with your instructor and classmates while training from a location that’s convenient to you. We recommend using a computer for the best learning experience.
After you’ve completed your course and feel confident in what you’ve learned, you can sit for your exam, through online testing or at a Pearson VUE testing center. Your exam voucher and retake are valid for one year from the time of purchase, as are your CompTIA CertMaster licenses, so you can go back and review later on.
Who Teaches CompTIA Live Online Training?
CompTIA live online training instructors have real-world IT experience and hold the certification they’re teaching about. They follow industry-standard IT training best practices and design their curriculum around CompTIA exam objectives so you know you’re learning not only what you need to pass your exam, but the skills you’ll need to do the jobs related to the certification.
What’s Included with CompTIA Live Online Training?
In addition to live training from a qualified instructor, you’ll get everything you need to for IT certification success:
- An exam voucher and retake voucher, for added insurance
- CompTIA CertMaster Learn eLearning platform that you can use in class and on your own
- CompTIA Labs to practice the hands-on skills you learn in class
- CompTIA CertMaster Practice to get exam ready and test with confidence
How Long Does CompTIA Live Online Training Take?
CompTIA live online training sessions last for 10 to 20 days, depending on the certification. You’ll spend 10 days covering the material for each exam. If your certification requires one exam, the course is 10 days. If it requires two exams, the course is 20 days.
What Certifications Are Taught Through CompTIA Live Online Training?
CompTIA live online training is currently available for three of our most popular IT certifications:
- CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for getting into IT. It consists of two exams that cover topics including hardware, software, operating systems, networking, troubleshooting, mobile devices and more. Job roles include help desk technician and technical support specialist.
- CompTIA Network+ validates the skills needed to work on networking technologies across all vendors and solutions. It consists of one exam that covers networking concepts, network security, network operations and troubleshooting. Job roles include junior network administrator and systems engineer.
- CompTIA Security+ validates the baseline skills needed to perform core security functions. It consists of one exam that covers threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, cybersecurity tools, identity and access management, risk management and cryptography. Job roles include systems administrator and cybersecurity specialist.
Download the exam objectives for free to learn more about the certifications.
Who Should Take CompTIA Live Online Training?
CompTIA live online training is designed for the learner who craves accountability and structure. Combining self-study options with a class like CompTIA live online training will not only keep you on track with your studies, but also help you to better retain what you learn to test with confidence.
Although there aren’t restrictions around who can purchase training, at this time classes are only offered in English and take place during U.S. Central time. Classes can only be purchased from the U.S. CompTIA Store.
When Is CompTIA Live Online Training Offered?
CompTIA live online training sessions start on Mondays and are offered continuously. If you signed up today, you could start in just a few weeks. Classes are held twice a day – from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. U.S. Central time – so you can choose the one that best fits your schedule.
How Much Does CompTIA Live Online Training Cost?
Training is certainly an investment, but with CompTIA live online training, you get a number of learning resources plus exam vouchers for less than if you purchased them individually. And if you’re a CompTIA Store Club member, you can save 20% on CompTIA live online training bundles.
- CompTIA A+ Core 1 and Core 2: $3,999 for 20 days of instruction, two exam vouchers plus retakes, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and Practice and CompTIA Labs ($808 savings off list price)
- CompTIA A+ Core 1 only: $1,899 for 10 days of instruction, one exam voucher plus retake, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and Practice for the Core 1 exam ($440 savings off list price)
- CompTIA A+ Core 2 only: $2,099 for 10 days of instruction, one exam voucher plus retake, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and Practice and CompTIA Labs for the Core 2 exam ($369 savings off list price)
- CompTIA Network+: $2,299 for 10 days of instruction, one exam voucher plus retake, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and Practice and CompTIA Labs ($635 savings off list price)
- CompTIA Security+: $2,499 for 10 days of instruction, one exam voucher plus retake, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and Practice and CompTIA Labs ($515 savings off list price)
Why Should I Take CompTIA Live Online Training?
CompTIA live online training gives you the structure of classroom training, accountability from an instructor, social connection with other IT pros and the flexibility to train and test from home. If you’re preparing for your first IT certification exam – or if you’ve been less than successful in the past – CompTIA live online training could give you the confidence you need to move forward.
Ready to start studying? Writing out your plan will set you up for success. Download our free training plan worksheet to help get organized and make your dream a reality.