Durable Skills Experts Needed
CompTIA has recently embarked on a joint initiative with America Succeeds to leverage the Durable Skills research report in the development of new skills standards and potential assessment, starting with the creation of a Durable Skills Rubric*. CompTIA and America Succeeds believe these skills are the type of skills that last a lifetime and are critical to the success of workers across all industry sectors. Acquiring and improving these skills over the course of a professional career, can have a significant positive impact on both employees and the employers at large.
Therefore, we are looking for professionals representing various vertical sectors to be involved in a development workshop with the goal of creating a Durable Skills Rubric, co-sponsored by CompTIA and America Succeeds.
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) should have experience in at least one of the following roles:
- 10+ years in a coaching/mentoring role
- 5+ years as a hiring manager or people-leaders (job roles that include staff on-boarding, training, learning, up-skilling, etc.) of early career professionals
- 3-5 years in a role demonstrating use of at least 5 of the Durable Skills listed below
- 9-12 months in the role of the target audience**
Outline of Durable Skills, which represents the focus of the development initiative:
- Communication (written, verbal, negotiation, social media, etc.)
- Leadership (management, decision making, mentorship, advocacy, etc.)
- Metacognition (detail oriented, planning, adaptability, etc.)
- Critical Thinking (research, troubleshooting, investigation, prioritization, etc.)
- Collaboration (teamwork, team building, cooperation, etc.)
- Character (enthusiasm, accountability, trustworthy, reliability, etc.)
- Creativity (imagination, creative problem-solving, visionary, etc.)
- Growth Mindset (self-starter, proactivity, action oriented, etc.)
- Mindfulness (empathy, patience, active listening, emotional intelligence, etc.)
- Fortitude (resilience, motivational skills, optimism, tenacity, etc.)
During the workshop, SMEs will provide important perspective and input regarding these skills towards the development of a rubric while ensuring the rubric definitions are relevant to job roles and activities for the defined target audience.
SMEs who attend the workshop will receive:
- An honorarium of $400 per day (or $2,000 total for the week), pending adequate level of participation
- Continuing education credits (CEUs) may be available. CompTIA to provide letters when needed.
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily during the workshop. Optional group dinners and evening activities also available.
- A complementary CompTIA testing voucher for the exam of their choice
- Polo and other CompTIA/America Succeeds-branded items
- Networking with other industry experts – great learning opportunity!
- Early access to the rubric to share with your employer or fellow employees.
In recognition of their contributions, all SMEs who participate in the entire development workshop will have their names and companies (if provided) listed on the CompTIA website and America Succeeds website.
When: January 23-27, 2023
*A daily agenda will involve full day meetings, 9am – 5pm, with an hour for lunch and several short breaks throughout the day.
Where: TBD (more details to be shared via email upon confirmation of your participation).
At this time, only US-based applicants will be considered.
If you have questions about the application process, email [email protected].
*A rubric contains a defined set of criteria which can be used to inform expectations of levels of performance for a given target audience.
**The target audience are individuals who are in their 1st or 2nd job/have been on the job 9 – 12 months, are in a junior role (a general role, such as business/technical/manufacturing/healthcare, etc.), and operate in a medium sized environment.
Apply to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert