3500 Lacey Road, Suite 100
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Forgot your password?
We invite you to become part of our community of diverse IT industry experts. Engage with other members, exchange ideas, share your experience and apply your knowledge to help drive important topics that are at the heart of CompTIA mission.
Learn more about CompTIA communities
You need to be a registered user to be able to join this community. If you are a registered user already, you can simply submit your email address and we will be in touch shortly to get you started.
Registered Users will receive periodic information from CompTIA about relevant IT resources and insights.
CompTIA's Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, CompTIA, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "CompTIA", "we" or "us") provide this notice explaining our online information practices on www.comptia.org and other Web sites or applications that may link to this Privacy Statement and the choices you can make about the way your personal data is collected, used and disclosed.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Personal Data"). This notice applies to all Personal Data collected or submitted on our Web site. On some pages, you can order products, services, make requests, apply for membership, participate in surveys, or register for events, seminars or conferences.
The types of Personal Data collected in this context directly from you may include your:
We may also collect your Personal Data from your use of our website. This information includes:
We may also collect your Personal Data from third parties, such as marketing providers. This information may include your:
We process your Personal Data only on a sufficient legal basis according to the applicable data protection laws. The legal basis can be one of the following:
Where the processing is based on consent you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can do so by contacting us using the contact details set forth below.
Except where your Personal Data are processed by us to comply with a statutory or contractual obligation, you are not obliged to provide Your Personal Data. However, if you refuse to provide your Personal Data, it may not be possible for us to provide you with the services available on our Web site.
We use the Personal Data you submit or otherwise provide about yourself on our Web site for the following purposes:
CompTIA discloses your Personal Data to other CompTIA entities and to third parties.
If you have not given your explicit consent to do so, we do not disclose the Personal Data you submit or otherwise provide about yourself on our Web site to any third parties besides other CompTIA entities, unless it is necessary to complete your request or order or it is necessary to provide a product or service to you which you have ordered. We will also disclose such Personal Data to third parties if it is necessary to protect our rights or property or if it is required or authorized by law.
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers for marketing automation, process automation, lead capture statistical analysis, research, affinity programs, training and exam delivery and certification management and fulfilment. A full list of the service providers is available upon request.
We disclose your Personal Data to our business partners for promotion, marketing, and networking. A full list of our business partners is available upon request.
We also disclose your Personal Data to CompTIA affiliates for list purposes, e.g. administration. A full list of the affiliates is available upon request.
However, except as noted in this Privacy Statement, your Personal Data are not used for any other purposes and are not disclosed to any other third parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and to disclose to advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that a certain number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that certain number of men and certain number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals, except as noted in this Privacy Statement.
CompTIA might disclose your Personal Data to entities in other countries as needed to conduct business. This means that the Personal Data may be sent to countries that are located outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") such as the US. We have put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with the legal requirements to ensure compliance with EU data protection regulations. For more information about the safeguards which are put in place, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
CompTIA takes reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction and other unlawful forms of processing. Authorized individuals having access to your Personal Data must respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will be stored only for the time they are needed for the purposes they have been collected and processed for and deleted afterwards. For marketing purposes we only retain your Personal Data for six months unless you have agreed otherwise.
Where the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) or similar legal requirements apply to the processing you may exercise the following rights: The right to access the Personal Data; the right to rectification; the right to erasure; the right to restriction of the processing, the right to objection of the processing and the right to data portability. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us by using the contact information set forth below.
You can also lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority or privacy regulator.
You can access or change your Personal Data that we collect online and maintain. If you are a certification candidate or alumnus, please visit https://certification.comptia.org and select My Account. To do so, as a corporate member or registered user, log in to the member's area of www.comptia.org with your corporate ID number email address and password. If you cannot remember your corporate ID or password, contact us as set forth below. If you are an AITP member, please visit www.aitp.org and click Login. In all cases, if you've forgotten your password, please click the ‘Forgot Password' link on each site.
Our Web site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement does not apply to such linked sites nor is CompTIA responsible for the content or privacy practices of such linked sites.
Like most Web sites, CompTIA uses “cookies” for several legitimate purposes. These include remembering IDs and passwords, tracking user traffic patterns, and differentiating between repeat and new users. It is CompTIA's policy that data generated by cookies will be used for internal purposes only and to improve our Web site and site-related services.
CompTIA may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any such amendments will be posted on our Web site.
We will inform you if we intend to further process your Personal Data for compatible purposes other than those for which your Personal Data originally have been collected for by providing you the required information on that processing. The information will be provided in advance to you to consider and potentially exercise your rights on that further processing. Prior information is further provided for changes that have a fundamental impact to the nature of the processing.
If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement, you may contact our Data Protection Officer:
Chief Legal Officer and Chief Privacy Officer
3500 Lacey Road, Suite 100
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Effective: 25 May 2018
The provisions set forth below (the "Agreement") state the terms and conditions that govern your use of the website located at www.CompTIA.org (the "Website") and the services and materials offered thereon (the "Services and Materials") by The Computing Technology Industry Association, Inc. ("CompTIA").
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Website immediately.
1. Copyright. Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in the content of this Website, including the screens displayed on the website, is owned by CompTIA. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on, or distribute in any way any portion of the Website, including but not limited to the code and software underlying the Website.
2. Warning. CompTIA may, in its sole discretion, modify or discontinue the information and materials contained in this Website (including the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear herein) and any other aspect of the Website at any time without prior notice and without liability. Services and products offered on the Website are not necessarily available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility to obtain particular services and products is subject to the final determination of CompTIA.
3. Purpose of Website. The information contained in this Website is for informational purposes only. Such information is not intended to replace, and should not be interpreted or relied upon as professional advice from CompTIA, whether legal or otherwise. Accordingly, please consult with your own professional experts for all advice concerning legal matters, human resource matters, and the like that may be discussed on this Website.
4. Usage. The Website is accessible to you through a computer or other access device. Its content may include information, editorial content, chat rooms, and links to other websites. You are responsible for all charges associated with accessing the Web Site.
5. Access to Certain Portions of the Website. Access to certain portions of the Website is restricted to members of CompTIA, holders of certain CompTIA certifications, and others. To become eligible to access any such portions of the Website, you may be required to give CompTIA certain information. You agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information and to update this information when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or misleading, or if CompTIA suspects that you have provided any untrue, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or misleading information, CompTIA may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your membership, certification status, and/or right to access all or part of this Website. If CompTIA assigns you a user ID and/or password to enable you to access restricted portions of the Website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your ID, password, and other account information. You will be responsible for all usages of the Website made with your user ID and or password. You agree that you will notify CompTIA immediately of any unauthorized use of your password, user ID, or account, or any other breach of security. You agree that you will log off of the Website immediately when you are finished using it in order to prevent fraud by unauthorized persons.
6. Restrictions on Usage. As a condition to your right to use the Website, you will not: (a) engage in any activity that disables the Website or otherwise impedes its operation or limits its availability to others; (b) alter in any way the content of the Website; (c) use the Website to post or otherwise disseminate any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, or fraudulent communication of any kind, as determined by CompTIA in its sole discretion; (d) use the Website to post or otherwise disseminate any communication that infringes or dilutes any intellectual property or that violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity; (e) use the Website to transmit any virus, bot, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful software;; (f) use the Website to post or disseminate any communication that encourages or assists any other person to engage in illegal activities; (g) utilize the Website or any information contained in the Website to assist in any way with the transmission of unsolicited email messages to any other person; (h) impersonate any other person or entity or misrepresent any fact about yourself; (i) distribute, transfer, or disseminate any information derived from the Website through or onto a searchable, machine-readable database; (j) use the Website to collect information about other users of the Website; or (k) attempt to use the Website to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Website.
7. Monitoring by CompTIA. CompTIA has the right, but not the obligation to monitor the use of the Website. If CompTIA monitors the use of the Website, CompTIA may examine, copy, and record any information relating to your usage of the Website. CompTIA reserves the right to disclose any such information in order to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request. CompTIA shall have the right, but not the duty, to remove any communication that CompTIA, in its sole discretion, finds to be objectionable or inappropriate.
8. No Warranties. THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, AND OTHER ITEMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. COMPTIA DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
9. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPTIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF COMPTIA OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES. COMPTIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS THAT APPEAR ON OR ARE DISSEMINATED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. ANY SUCH RELIANCE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. COMPTIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS SECTION GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS. THESE OTHER RIGHTS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
10. Acknowledgment of Warranty Disclaimers. You acknowledge and agree that CompTIA would not have made this Website available to you without the warranty disclaimers and the limitations on liability and remedy that appear in this Agreement.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CompTIA, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret. trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Website; (iii) any noncompliance by you with the terms of this Agreement; and (iv) any claims brought by persons or entities other than you or CompTIA arising from or related to your access and use of the Website, including the information obtained through the Website.
12. Termination. CompTIA, at its sole discretion, and for any reason or for no reason, may terminate your password or your access to all or part of the Website, and may delete and discard any information that you have published, sent or received on or via the Website.
13. Trademarks. No CompTIA trademarks or trademarks owned by any other person that appear on this Website may be copied, downloaded, or otherwise utilized without the express written consent of the owner of such trademark.
14. Minors. If you permit any minor child to use this Website, you will be solely responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor child; (ii) the monitoring of such minor child's access to and use of the Website; and (iii) the consequences of any such usage.
15. Child Online Protection Act Notification. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, CompTIA hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer software, hardware and filtering services) are commercially available for you to purchase. These protections may assist you in limiting access to material that could be harmful to minors. Information about purchasing such protections is available at http//www.eff.org/pub/censorship/ratings_filters_labelling/.
16. Infringement Policy. CompTIA, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512, as amended, reserves the right but not the obligation to terminate your right to use the Website if CompTIA determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you are involved in an activity that infringes the intellectual property of others. CompTIA seeks to accommodate, and not interfere with, standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c), CompTIA has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the law. All claims of infringement must be submitted to CompTIA in a written complaint that complies with the requirements below and is delivered to our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement.
To submit any such complaint by mail, please use the following address:
3500 Lacey Road, Suite 100
Downers Grove, IL 60515
To submit any such complaint by e-mail, please use the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other property right must include the following information:
17. Public Information. If you post any content in any form on this Website, or disseminate any such information through the Website, you will be deemed to have relinquished any intellectual property rights in such content. Such content will be deemed to be public information. CompTIA may use any such content for any purpose.
18. Modification. CompTIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this Agreement in any way at any time. Any such amendment shall become effective when it is posted on this Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your binding acceptance of any such amendment.
19. Limit on Exportation. Unless otherwise specified, this Website is intended solely for use in the United States of America. CompTIA operates Website from its offices in the State of Illinois, United States of America. CompTIA makes no representation that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Those who choose to access the Website from outside of the United States do so with this understanding and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Software on the Website is subject to United States export controls. No software from the Website may be downloaded or otherwise exported: (i) into or to a national resident of Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods, or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department List of Specifically Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
20. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. All disputes relating to this Website, this Agreement, or your use of this Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the State of Illinois, USA.
21. No Assignment by User. You may not assign any of your rights, obligations, or privileges under this Agreement without the prior written consent of CompTIA.
22. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be considered severable from this Agreement. Such provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law to achieve the intention of the parties. The severable provision shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Agreement.
23. Waiver. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless set forth in a written instrument signed by the waiving party. No waiver of any breach or default shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
24. Captions. The captions, titles, and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.