Preparing for Your Exam
A few tips for preparing for your exam:
- Consider a CompTIA learning option. CompTIA offers many options to fit your learning style and timeline.
- Download the exam objectives for your CompTIA exam to see what the exam covers.
- Download a list of sample questions to give you a general idea of how questions on CompTIA exams are structured.
- Practice on home equipment, read tech forums, visit vendor websites and watch tutorials online to find valuable information.
- We highly recommend you have real-world experience as recommended in the exam objectives. Field experience will also help you put into practice any new skills you acquired during your time of learning.
- Use practice exams to see the types of questions you’ll encounter during the test. Practice exams may be purchased on the CompTIA Store.
- Organize what you learn and thoroughly review it.
- Beware the use of “brain dump” websites that claim to provide actual exam questions. CompTIA regularly refreshes exam questions and you risk revocation of your certification. See Testing Policies for full details.