What You'll Learn
CompTIA has developed the Official CompTIA Security+ Study Guide (SY0-701) for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third-party subject matter experts to validate adequate coverage of the Security+ exam objectives, the Official
CompTIA Security+ Study Guide teaches the essential skills and information required for the CompTIA certification exam (SY0-701).
After reading the text, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast various types of security controls.
- Summarize fundamental security concepts.
- Explain the importance of change management processes and the impact to security.
- Explain the importance of using appropriate cryptographic solutions.
- Compare and contrast common threat actors and motivations.
- Explain common threat vectors and attack surfaces.
- Explain various types of vulnerabilities.
- Analyze indicators of malicious activity.
- Explain the purpose of mitigation techniques used to secure the enterprise.
- Compare and contrast security implications of different architecture models.
- Apply security principles to secure enterprise infrastructure.
- Compare and contrast concepts and strategies to protect data.
- Explain the importance of resilience and recovery in security architecture.
- Apply common security techniques to computing resources.
- Explain the security implications of proper hardware, software, and data asset management.
- Explain various activities associated with vulnerability management.
- Explain security alerting and monitoring concepts and tools.
- Modify enterprise capabilities to enhance security.
- Implement and maintain identity and access management.
- Explain the importance of automation and orchestration related to secure operations.
- Explain appropriate incident response activities.
- Use data sources to support an investigation.
- Summarize elements of effective security governance.
- Explain elements of the risk management process.
- Explain the processes associated with third-party risk assessment and management.
- Summarize elements of effective security compliance.
- Explain types and purposes of audits and assessments.
- Implement security awareness practices.
To get the most out of the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide and be able to prepare for your exam, you should have successfully passed the CompTIA Network+ certification exam and have acquired 24 months of experience in networking support and IT administration. We also recommend the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Use a keyboard and mouse.
- Know the function and basic features of PC components.
- Able to use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches and routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.