The CompTIA Partner Program is designed to help you promote certification and enhance learner career opportunities. Becoming a CompTIA authorized partner means you gain access to a myriad of support resources and learning solutions that maximize instruction and prepare learners for certification success.
While IT certifications are a great place to start, we understand that they aren’t a replacement for real world experience. Which is why CompTIA learning solutions allow learners to gain exposure to hosted platforms that imitate real world scenarios to prepare them to thrive in the workforce before they even accept their first tech job.
Related Content: CompTIA Authorized Partners: Helping Meet the Industry Demand for Tech Professionals
Read on to learn about the top learning solutions and resources you can take advantage of when you partner with CompTIA.
CertMaster Suite of Solutions
The CompTIA CertMaster suite of solutions are available for all CompTIA certifications and is comprised of CertMaster Learn, CertMaster Labs and CertMaster Practice. All of which serve different purposes in the learning journey and map to exam objectives.
CompTIA CertMaster Learn is for instructor-led training and is the ideal first step in a learner’s journey. It is a comprehensive, fully scoped eLearning environment that utilizes videos, practice questions and performance-based questions (PBQs), providing a variety of interactive content to engage learners throughout their course and prepare them to validate their skills through CompTIA certification. Achievement badges and a game center encourage and motivate learners to engage with the content and accomplish study goals.
CompTIA CertMaster Labs help learners apply the knowledge they gain in CertMaster Learn and get hands-on experience configuring a wide range of technologies in a pre-configured browser-based environment, preparing them for practical aspects of the exam.
CompTIA CertMaster Practice is an adaptive knowledge assessment tool that determines what a learner has already mastered and what they still need to learn to improve confidence and increase retention before the exam. Personalized feedback and real-time learning analytics help to keep learners engaged, motivated and focused throughout their study sessions. This ensures that learners will retain the knowledge not only for testing day, but also to apply in their careers.
CompTIA CertMaster Learn + Labs is an integrated experience where CertMaster Labs are integrated as study tasks within the CertMaster Learn learning plan. Both are accessible through a single login and seamless workflow. Easy-to-use course management materials provide a comprehensive suite of instructor resources alongside a reporting dashboard, making course preparation and progress tracking simple and efficient.
Utilizing a combination of any of these training solutions will help your learners understand the material, practice with the right type of questions and prepare to pass their certification exam.
CertMaster Learn for instructor-led training empowers instructor and administrator success by providing easy-to-use course management tools, a comprehensive suite of instructor resources to support their course and reporting and analytics options that provide actionable data that makes tracking learner and group progress simple and efficient.
Through the Boost Dashboard, instructors can view learners’ course activity as well as aggregate progress and performance so they can ensure that learners are on track to complete their course on time.
For example, this is the instructor view of the Boost Dashboard, providing instructors with valuable information to help increase learning success.
Graded labs provide scores based on learner input and provide an accurate assessment of their ability to perform tasks correctly and efficiently. There are two types of labs available:
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10–15-minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstandings as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20–30-minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the learner’s work at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps.
CertMaster Labs are based on the content within CompTIA CertMaster Learn’s comprehensive eLearning course and the official CompTIA instructor, student and study guides, providing a consistent and seamless experience for learners to both gain knowledge and hands-on skills.
Reporting and Analytics
There are a variety of data points available through CertMaster Learn to help learners track their progress, see how they compare with others in the course and view their average scores. They can also gauge their proficiency for each lesson based on their scores and the difficulty of the questions.
Instructors also have access to a variety of data points for each learner in the selected course, including:
- Learner name
- How many courses each learner is enrolled in
- The number of active courses for each learner
- Average practice, performance-based question, graded labs and assessments scores
This data helps instructors gauge strengths, weaknesses and confidence levels, and ensure that learners are on track with their studies.
Instructors using CertMaster Learn can choose from a wide variety of teaching resources available in the Boost Dashboard to assist them in preparing for and teaching specific courses.
Resources available to instructors may include:
- Instructor PowerPoint Presentations: Instructors can access a robust PowerPoint presentation deck for each lesson included within a specific training course. PowerPoint presentations for each lesson include teaching tips for instructors to help maximize the value of the course.
- Presentation Planner: Instructors have access to suggested syllabi for presenting course materials in various course lengths and formats.
- Exam Mapping Guide: Detailed mapping guides describe where specific exam objectives are covered in each course.
- Transition Guide: For instructors who have used earlier versions of CompTIA certification content, these bridge documents assist in getting users up to speed on the new versions quickly and efficiently.
- Onboarding Guide: For instructors new to CompTIA content, this guide provides instructors with a high-level overview of each course, including the table of contents, exam mapping guide, course setup changes and more.
- Onboarding Checklist: Provided to instructors new to CompTIA content, this guide helps ensure that instructors are up to speed with the resources and features that accompany CompTIA courseware and are prepared to maximize learning in a specific course.
What’s the takeaway here? When you partner with CompTIA, you don’t' just gain access to our learning solutions, you get personalized, consultative support to ensure your success and help you maximize learning and instruction every step of the way.
Interested in becoming a CompTIA Authorized Partner? Find out more!