U.S. tech companies sold over $300 billion worth of tech goods and services to international customers last year. This translate to an important source of revenue growth and jobs for U.S. tech companies. CompTIA’s latest Tech Trade Snapshot provides key data and analysis of exports and imports of tech products and services at the national, state, and metropolitan area levels.
- U.S. exports of tech products and services were an estimated $309 billion in 2016, according to the U.S. International Trade Administration.
- Exports account for approximately $1 out of every $4 generated in the U.S. tech industry.
- Exports directly support 4 in 10 U.S. tech manufacturing sector jobs
- The top five states for tech products exports include: Texas, California, Florida, Oregon, and Illinois
- Total exports of tech products and tech services from the U.S. to Canada and Mexico reached an estimated $74.8 billion in 2016. Among all trading partners in tech products, the U.S. runs the largest surplus with Canada.
The content you requested is available to CompTIA Registered Users and CompTIA Premier Members.
Register now. It’s free!
Registration will provide you with a customized experience and give you instant access to hundreds of CompTIA research
reports, guides and tools. Anyone can create an account.
Learn more about registration