Within this career guide, read the stories of people who work in IT, and see if IT could be the right career path for you.
- Miranda Monahan climbed the ladder from receptionist to tech entrepreneur.
- Lakecia Gunter uses technology to solve problems as the technical assistant and chief of staff to Intel’s chief technology officer.
- Dale Burkett’s engineering degree helped him realize that he loved problem solving, leading him to a career with Lenovo.
- Richard Rieben started his IT career right out of high school and later earned an associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree. He now does cybersecurity and project management for the military.
- Melissa Lopez ensures that customers get the technical support they need.
- Robert Blanchard handles the technology for Aspen Skiing Co., a four-mountain chain of destination resorts in the Rocky Mountains.
This mini-magazine also spotlights five different IT jobs:
- Help desk
- IT security professional
- Network administrator
- Mobility expert
Debunk some of the myths that you may have heard about IT and understand what the field is really all about. IT jobs are about helping people – and usually working in a collaborative team to make that happen.