In the first quarter of 2017, unemployment in the United Kingdom fell to 4.7 percent, its lowest rate since 1975, and IT played a supporting role. IT job postings represented 14 percent of all postings in the first quarter, at more than 360,000. The occupations found in the most posts included programming and software development; web design and development; IT business analysis, architecture and systems design; and user support.
Highlights from this IT research report include:
- In the first quarter of 2017, UK employers posted 365,027 ads for IT jobs.
- Workforce trends showed an increase in the number of employees, increasing by 2 percent from 1.19 million in 2015 to 1.22 million in 2016.
- Tech job postings have increased by 4 percent from the same period in 2016.
- The core IT occupations listed in ads in the first quarter of 2017 reflect technology trends including development, analytics and support.
- The UK employers with the most IT job postings for the quarter included National Health Service, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Eaton Corporation.
- Two-thirds of UK IT workers are age 44 or younger.
Download the CompTIA UK IT Employment Snapshot to learn more about the UK IT job market.
The content you requested is available to CompTIA Registered Users and CompTIA Premier Members.
Register now. It’s free!
Registration will provide you with a customized experience and give you instant access to hundreds of CompTIA research
reports, guides and tools. Anyone can create an account.
Learn more about registration