With more than 1.2 million workers, the UK IT workforce continues to expand. In the third quarter of 2016, more than 1 in 10 UK job postings were in IT. These positions included programmers and developers, analysts, architects, support positions and more. CompTIA analyzed workforce trends to produce the UK IT Employment Snapshot, which shows who was hiring, what they were hiring for and how many postings there were.
Highlights from this IT research report include:
- In the third quarter of 2016, UK employers posted 359,787 IT ads for jobs.
- Workforce trends show the number of IT employees in the United Kingdom increasing from less than 1,100,000 in 2012 to 1,200,959 in 2016.
- Tech job postings have increased by 11 percent from the same period in 2015.
- The core IT occupations listed in ads in the third quarter of 2016 reflect technology trends including development, analytics and support.
- The top UK locations for IT jobs are London, Berkshire and Hertfordshire.
- The UK employers with the most IT job postings for the quarter included National Health Service, Royal Mail and MLS Limited.
Download the CompTIA UK IT Employment Snapshot to learn more about the UK IT job market.
The content you requested is available to CompTIA Registered Users and CompTIA Premier Members.
Register now. It’s free!
Registration will provide you with a customized experience and give you instant access to hundreds of CompTIA research
reports, guides and tools. Anyone can create an account.
Learn more about registration