PTI Webinar Series - Preparing for a New Normal: Emerging Tech During Crisis
The PTI Webinar Series is presented by CompTIA’s Public Technology Institute (PTI) in association with the National Governors Association (NGA), the National League of Cities (NLC) and NASCIO.
For local governments, the advances in emerging tech have a direct impact on the communities they serve. As state and local governments respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are witnessing the rapid adoption of emerging tech on an almost daily basis to deliver services in ways that we likely would not have dreamed of just a few months ago.
• Deploying emerging technologies during a crisis
• Maintaining safe and secure infrastructure with increased telework
• New technologies on the horizon for local governments
• Privacy and security risks with emerging technologies
• Risks of not implementing emerging technologies
• The role of the elected leader play in promoting emerging tech and innovation
• Opportunities for collaboration with the private sector, academia, and other governments
• Wendy Wickens, Director of Information Technology, Loudoun County, Virginia and Chair, PTI City/County CIO Leadership Council
Facilitator: • Alan Shark, Executive Director, Public Technology Institute
Speakers: •Laurel Caldwell, Director of Technology, Latah County, Idaho • Adam Frumkin, Chief Information Officer, Franklin County Data Center, Franklin County, Ohio and Vice-Chair, PTI City/County CIO Leadership Council • Tom Lamar, Chair, County Commission, Latah County, Idaho • Stacy Richardson, Program Director, Urban Innovation, Center for City Solutions, National League of Cities • Michael Stinziano, County Auditor, Franklin County, Ohio