Support Policies that Enable Government and Private Sector to Build a Culture of Cybersecurity
Our cybersecurity infrastructure is under constant attack from nation-states, organized crime groups, and rogue individuals who wish to do our nation harm. Industry owns and operates 80% of our nation’s critical infrastructure which makes the partnership between the private sector and government imperative when it comes to our nation’s cybersecurity.
CompTIA supports policies that will:
- Enable the government and the private sector to build a culture of cybersecurity.
- Preserve the vitality of innovation and promote the sector’s ability to respond to constantly evolving cyber threats including:
- Policies that require and facilitate governmentwide coordination on cybersecurity strategy.
- Support industry’s voluntary adoption of federal cybersecurity frameworks.
- Encourage further information sharing between the government and private sector.
- Promote organizations implementing best practices in cyber hygiene in order to support a proactive cybersecurity culture within organizations.
Filings and Press Releases
Annual CompTIA on the Hill Event to Feature Tech Demos, Tech Champion Awards & Data Privacy DiscussionJan 27, 2020, 14:44 PM
COMPTIA FILES COMMENTS ON DRAFT NISTIR 8259: CORE CYBERSECURITY FEATURE BASELINE FOR SECURABLE IOT DEVICES: A STARTING POINT FOR IOT DEVICE MANUFACTURERSOct 3, 2019, 12:58 PM
Balancing Act: Companies Walking a Fine Line Between Innovation and Cybersecurity, New CompTIA Report ConcludesSep 17, 2019, 05:10 AM
Sr. Director, Public Advocacy