PTI Webinar Series - Stretching the Limits: Broadband Capacity and Availability in a Crisis
June 4, 2020 at 2 PM (ET)
The PTI Webinar Series is presented by CompTIA’s Public Technology Institute (PTI) in association with the National Governors Association (NGA), the National League of Cities (NLC) and NASCIO.
Widespread and mandated telework because of the COVID-19 crisis is challenging broadband availability and capacity around the country. From supporting rural access to broadband networks to concerns over the safety of home internet connections, local governments are dealing with a myriad of telecom issues. As local governments confront the challenges of moving to a dramatically greater mobile environment, tech leaders are looking ahead towards emerging broadband technologies including 5G and Wi-Fi 6, and better serving rural communities.
Date: THIS SESSION IS NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET)
• Network voice and data capacity
• Telework deployment
• Securing the data in a mobile environment
• Emerging tech related to 5G, Wi-Fi6, and serving rural communities
• Mike Culp, Director of Information Technology, Albemarle County, Virginia
• Mitsuko Herrera, ultraMontgomery Director, Dept. of Technology Services Office of Broadband Programs, Montgomery County, Maryland
• Mike Lynch, Broadband & Cable, Department of Innovation and Technology, City of Boston, Massachusetts
• Angelina Panettieri, Legislative Manager, Information Technology and Communications - Federal Advocacy, National League of Cities
Questions: Please contact Dale Bowen at DBowen@comptia.org