Wellness & Fun Activities
We place a huge amount of importance on the health and well-being of our staff. Part of being healthy is being happy. Here are some of the ways we promote wellness and fun at work:
- We celebrate spring with a Mardi Gras and Cinco de Mayo party and kick off our summer hours with a barbeque on the patio.
- When the weather warms up, we may take in a White Sox or Cubs baseball game or go to Arlington Park Race Course.
- The colder months bring Halloween costume contests, a Secret Santa gift exchange and our annual holiday party.
- We offer fresh fruit, vegetables and granola bars in our common rooms.
- We offer lunch-and-learn sessions with experts on healthy cooking, cancer awareness, chiropractic therapy, household budgeting, and retirement preparation.
- Our Wellness Program has won the IL Healthiest Employers award as well as the American Heart Association’s Workplace Health Achievement Award.
- We offer discounted fitness memberships available through our health insurance provider, Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- We have regular activity competitions that have been either team based or individual contests with fitness/wellness prizes for the winners.
- We compete in the Chicago Fit Company Challenge each fall.
- A massage therapist comes to the office quarterly to offer chair massages