One of the most rewarding aspects of working for CompTIA, the information technology industry association, is contributing towards the organization’s philanthropic efforts. Every year, our staff spends countless hours volunteering at a wide range of local and international charities. These include the likes of Chicago Cares, Off the Street Club, DuPage County People’s Resource Center, the American Cancer Society and Heifer International.
- We match dollar-for-dollar donations to qualifying charities. We’ll give up to $500 per employee per year.
- We will convert one day of an employee’s unused paid time off to cash each calendar year, and give it to an eligible charity of the employee’s choice.
- We award staff one paid-day-off per year to volunteer at a qualified charity.
- We currently provide grants and mentoring to help two local groups train at-risk youth: Chicago Academy for Technology and Year Up Chicago. Youth and young adults from those groups come to CompTIA for mentoring and internships as well.
- Our Creating IT Futures Foundation helps the disadvantaged gain meaningful employment in IT. Through the foundation, we’ve helped thousands of youth-at-risk, individuals with disabilities, and U.S. military personnel and their spouses acquire the skills, training and mentoring needed to join the IT workforce.