Supporting Internet Governance and Security
Economic expansion will rest increasingly on the creation of new and innovative business models and solutions that leverage Internet-based platforms. Advancements in cloud computing, mobile technology and applications are rapidly creating new opportunities for economic advancement while also raising a host of new public policy considerations.
- Cybersecurity reform in the areas of private/public partnerships, FISMA reform, DHS reform
- Monitoring the Data Breach Notification Act and the Safe Data Act
- Monitoring the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2012
- Monitoring privacy bills and insisting on policies that balance barriers to entry for SMB firms with consumer-friendly practices
- Monitoring federal agency action on privacy and mobility policy, such as NTIA and FTC privacy roundtables, working groups and hearings
- Insisting on technology-neutral legislation (and opposing specific cloud computing bills)