Wednesday, September 29, 2010
We are less than a month away from the 2010 CompTIA EMEA Member Conference
. I can’t believe it has been a year since we last got together and I for one am looking forward to the new insights from vendors and resellers, as well as the latest from our certification partners. The conference begins on Wednesday, October 20, with our Education 2 Careers Academic Conference as well as a series of community meetings and private sponsor events. Wednesday highlights include:
- Opening E2C keynote with author Mike Meyers - Mike's motivational keynote will elevate the typical IT tech to gain prestige, power and more money by becoming what he calls a user advocate.
- Valuing the Views of Employers - How to Engage – We wish it were as simple as a one size fits all approach to engaging with employers but the needs of small, medium and large businesses are very different. Panelists from Liverpool Community College, Barnfield College, JamesCash.co.uk, ITEC Learning Technologies and VMware will address how to fill those needs as an academic practitioner.
- Plus, several co-located meetings and events - the UK Reseller Forum, EU IT Services and Support Executive Forum, Technology Channels Association (TCA) Conference and the Training Providers Roundtable. The conference officially kicks off Wednesday evening with the EMEA Member Conference Welcome Reception.
The general sessions for the conference begin on Thursday. You won’t want to miss updates on the latest technology and business trends, as well as certification and research news from CompTIA. Thursday sessions include:
- Opening keynote with Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE, "The World’s Greatest Living Explorer"
- Channel Execs Predict the Future - Learn what leading channel players from Dell, Kaseya and Intel think is hot, happening and coming down the pike: cloud computing, green IT, healthcare IT, security, storage and much more.
- IT Training and Certification: Value to Employers – Join CompTIA Vice President of Research, Tim Herbert for a look at the insights and opportunities associated with the billions of pounds that go into IT training and certification each year.
- SaaS and Security: Is Your Data Safe – Panelists from McAfee, Own Web Now and Zylog Systems Ltd. discuss the importance of security when offering SaaS.
- Community if Dead; Long Live Mega-Collaboration – Industry guru Susanne Dansey will discuss what's next for our communities and how they will adapt to keep businesses interested as well as what you can do to ensure the networks you sit within continue to have a positive impact on you and your organisation.
- Plus, sessions on cloud, recession busting tactics and more, with plenty of time in between to catch up with partners and friends.
Watch the blog for details on these sessions and others. For the complete agenda
and registration information
, please visit the conference website
. Don’t forget to join the MyCompTIA EMEA community
to connect with other attendees, manage your schedule, set up meetings and much more. I look forward to seeing you in Heathrow!