Our Telecom Advisory Council provides CompTIA with strategic, near-term insight on channel issues and trends. The convergence of Telecom and IT is having a major impact on channel direction and the Telecom Advisory Council’s guidance allows us to maximize the benefit it brings to the channel. Not only that, but it means we can help vendors, carriers, and other key channel members achieve growth and financial goals. The Telecom Advisory Council acts as a strategic think-tank to present ideas and initiatives to CompTIA’s staff with the intent to improve and grow the businesses of CompTIA, its members, and the industry as a whole.
Participants demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise in a multitude of Telecom channel roles. Council members are recognized as industry influencers, providing guidance to CompTIA’s administrative staff. Council members identify, discuss, and debate industry issues and challenges that affect carriers, master agents, and IT solution providers alike. Through its work with CompTIA staff, industry consultants, and curriculum designers, the Telecom Advisory Council helps bring new and relevant CompTIA content to the industry. This includes, but is not limited to, new channel education, tools, and market research. The Telecom Advisory Council supports CompTIA’s mission of advancing the global ICT industry.
Some of the Telecom Advisory Council’s goals include:
- Assist in the validation, development and promotion of education and training for ICT channel professionals.
- Assist in the validation, development and promotion of organizational credentials for Carriers, Master Agents, and Cable Companies across multiple disciplines of vertical markets, business models and technologies.
- Advocate on behalf of the IT industry via our public policy and Public Action Committee (PAC) initiatives.
- Give back through philanthropy in the form of support for our Creating IT Futures Foundation and the Annual Council Charity Program.
- Provide strategic direction to the Association on ways to remain relevant to Carriers, Cable Companies, and Master Agents.